about heather gray + SOUL-FILLED LIFE
Hello and welcome.
I am Heather Gray, a life coach, published author, and the founder of Soul-filled Life. I’ve spent thousands of hours helping creative, gorgeous individuals articulate and create lives that they love. Once they do, they are happier, healthier and more confident than ever before.
I draw from a background in Psychology (BA from Brown University and MPH from UNC-Chapel Hill), Life Coaching (Certified by Dr. Martha Beck), and Energy Healing (I am a Reiki Master/Teacher, Soul Coach and Akashic Records Consultant) to move you towards personal breakthroughs and beautiful life change. I offer private coaching, workshops, and retreats to smart, kind, and enterprising people (like you) who are interested in living their best life.
Finding True North
As a writer, author, solopreneur, Reiki Master/Teacher, Akashic Records Consultant and Life Coach there was never a cookie cutter, traditional career path that matched what was in my heart. Through a lot of trial and error, I have learned to follow, trust and create my own true path.
Creating Soul-filled Life has been one of my most satisfying True Path experiences. It makes my heart sing to know that my creative coaching business now touches thousands of people, around the world, on a regular basis. I also love getting to play with other fantastic and innovative thinkers. And my favorite part? That my daily activities are full of meaning and purpose, and I am engaged in making my creative dreams a reality
And…it was not always this way for me. Despite an Ivy League education and a Masters degree, there were many times when I was confused, depressed and way off track from having a life that I loved. There were the years I spent stuck in a job with a 2-hour commute and spent my lunch hours at Barnes and Noble reading personal growth books to try to figure out a life line out of the job. Or a more recent experience, when I made a difficult decision to leave working for a personal growth company so I could pursue my own path.
What I've discovered, is that the more you ask yourself, "What do I really want?" and follow the next steps that your heart reveals, the more your path leads you to an inspiring, fulfilling and beautiful life.
Here are some of my favorite achievements from following my True North Compass:
- Co-authored the Teen Girl Guide book, Real Girl Real World: A Guide to Finding Your True Self, which has been featured on NPR and in Teen People Magazine, published in two languages, and is currently in it’s second edition.
- While living in New York City during the aftermath of September 2001, I gave Reiki healing sessions to rescue workers and families of the 9/11 victims at Pier 94’s Family Assistance Center.
- I became an official ‘Laptop Lifestyler’ when I traveled across the USA and back, while launching Soul-filled Life and building my coaching business.
- Hosted a virtual Laptop Lifestyle summit for over 600 participants and created my first product, the Freedom Kit — to help creative types have even more freedom and fulfillment in their lives.
- I checked off a life long goal of traveling to Africa to do humanitarian work
- Launched the Soul-filled Life Cafe – a blog series featuring expert coaches and entrepreneurs (that is now being redefined as a podcast.)
- Been interviewed and spoken to thousands about my passions as part of summits, radio shows and other creative events. (A breakthrough for someone who has suffered from stage fright...doing what I love and living authentically has helped me overcome this.)
- Made money from heart-inspired work and dreams.
One thing I know for sure, is that a Soul-filled journey is always evolving with ongoing learning and growth. In 2011, after several years of the nomadic life, I purchased a cozy home in upstate New York. Today I am happy to bring my background of experiences to wonderful Soul-filled Life clients who are creating and doing amazing things in the world.
7 more things about me…
- I am the youngest of 4 sisters, including an identical twin who is my “mirror image” – she is right handed and I am left handed.
- I am an INFP on the Myers-Briggs scale and have found that I attract many INFP's and INFJ's to my community. (Hello to my highly sensitive soul mates!)
- My strengths (according to the Strength Finder Index) are: adaptability, empathy, relator, maximizer, and futuristic.
- On the Kolbe Index, I am a strong Quick Start and Fact Finder. I deeply appreciate collaborations with those who are good Implementors and Follow Through.
- I love hiking, yoga, and snow boarding.
- My parents named me “Heather Gray” before it was an official color in the J. Crew Catalog.
- The books I recommend the most are: Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck, The Artist Way by Julia Cameron, and The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder.
Enough about me, what about you?
Ask yourself, "What do I really, really want?" You may have an immediate answer or you may need to spend time with this question in your journal. I am passionate about helping smart, sensitive, kind women create beautiful life change that aligns with their truest desires and best visions for themselves.